2.5.13 (brow bag)¶
- Improve read support for pivot tables and don’t always create a Filters child for filterColumn objects.
- Support folding rows <https://bitbucket.org/openpyxl/openpyxl/pull-requests/259/fold-rows>`_
- Support for dataframes with multiple columns and multiple indices.
- #934 Headers and footers not included in write-only mode.
- #960 Deprecation warning raised when using ad-hoc access in read-only mode.
- #964 Not all cells removed when deleting multiple rows.
- #966 Cannot read 3d bar chart correctly.
- #967 Problems reading some charts.
- #968 Worksheets with SHA protection become corrupted after saving.
- #974 Problem when deleting ragged rows or columns.
- #976 GroupTransforms and GroupShapeProperties have incorrect descriptors
- Make sure that headers and footers in chartsheets are included in the file
- You can now insert and delete rows and columns in worksheets
- pip now handles which Python versions can be used.
- #812 Explicitly support for multiple cell ranges in conditonal formatting
- #827 Non-contiguous cell ranges in validators get merged
- #837 Empty data validators create invalid Excel files
- #860 Large validation ranges use lots of memory
- #876 Unicode in chart axes not handled correctly in Python 2
- #882 ScatterCharts have defective axes
- #885 Charts with empty numVal elements cannot be read
- #894 Scaling options from existing files ignored
- #895 Charts with PivotSource cannot be read
- #903 Cannot read gradient fills
- #904 Quotes in number formats could be treated as datetimes
worksheet.cell() no longer accepts a coordinate parameter. The syntax is now ws.cell(row, column, value=None)
Added CellRange and MultiCellRange types (thanks to Laurent LaPorte for the suggestion) as a utility type for things like data validations, conditional formatting and merged cells.
ws.merged_cell_ranges has been deprecated because MultiCellRange provides sufficient functionality
- Read support for charts
- Dropped support for Python 2.6 and 3.3. openpyxl will not run with Python 2.6
- Read/write support for pivot tables
- Dropped the anchor method from images and additional constructor arguments
- Remove deprecated methods from Cell
- Remove deprecated methods from Worksheet
- Added read/write support for the datetime type for cells
- #957 https://bitbucket.org/openpyxl/openpyxl/issues/957 Relationship type for tables is borked
- #912 https://bitbucket.org/openpyxl/openpyxl/issues/912 Copying objects uses shallow copy
- #921 https://bitbucket.org/openpyxl/openpyxl/issues/921 API documentation not generated automatically
- #927 https://bitbucket.org/openpyxl/openpyxl/issues/927 Exception raised when adding coloured borders together
- #931 https://bitbucket.org/openpyxl/openpyxl/issues/931 Number formats not correctly deduplicated
- 203 https://bitbucket.org/openpyxl/openpyxl/pull-requests/203/ Correction to worksheet protection description
- 210 https://bitbucket.org/openpyxl/openpyxl/pull-requests/210/ Some improvements to the API docs
- 211 https://bitbucket.org/openpyxl/openpyxl/pull-requests/211/ Improved deprecation decorator
- 218 https://bitbucket.org/openpyxl/openpyxl/pull-requests/218/ Fix problems with deepcopy
- #809 Incomplete documentation of copy_worksheet method
- #811 Scoped definedNames not removed when worksheet is deleted
- #824 Raise an exception if a chart is used in multiple sheets
- #842 Non-ASCII table column headings cause an exception in Python 2
- #846 Conditional formats not supported in write-only mode
- #849 Conditional formats with no sqref cause an exception
- #859 Headers that start with a number conflict with font size
- #902 TableStyleElements don’t always have a condtional format
- #908 Read-only mode sometimes returns too many cells
- AutoFilter.sortState being assignd to the ws.sortState
- #766 Sheetnames with apostrophes need additional escaping
- #729 Cannot open files created by Microsoft Dynamics
- #819 Negative percents not case correctly
- #821 Runtime imports can cause deadlock
- #855 Print area containing only columns leads to corrupt file
- Preserve any table styles
- #776 Cannot apply formatting to plot area
- #780 Exception when element attributes are Python keywords
- #781 Exception raised when saving files with styled columns
- #785 Number formats for data labels are incorrect
- #788 Worksheet titles not quoted in defined names
- #800 Font underlines not read correctly
- Add roundtrip support for worksheet tables.
- #727 DeprecationWarning is incorrect
- #734 Exception raised if userName is missing
- #739 Always provide a date1904 attribute
- #740 Hashes should be stored as Base64
- #743 Print titles broken on sheetnames with spaces
- #748 Workbook breaks when active sheet is removed
- #754 Incorrect descriptor for Filter values
- #756 Potential XXE vulerability
- #758 Cannot create files with page breaks and charts
- #759 Problems with worksheets with commas in their titles
- Add unicode support for sheet name incrementation.
- #643 Make checking for duplicate sheet titles case insensitive
- #647 Trouble handling LibreOffice files with named styles
- #687 Directly assigned new named styles always refer to “Normal”
- #690 Cannot parse print titles with multiple sheet names
- #691 Cannot work with macro files created by LibreOffice
- Prevent duplicate differential styles
- #694 Allow sheet titles longer than 31 characters
- #697 Cannot unset hyperlinks
- #699 Exception raised when format objects use cell references
- #703 Copy height and width when copying comments
- #705 Incorrect content type for VBA macros
- #707 IndexError raised in read-only mode when accessing individual cells
- #711 Files with external links become corrupted
- #715 Cannot read files containing macro sheets
- #717 Details from named styles not preserved when reading files
- #722 Remove broken Print Title and Print Area definitions
- Add support for Python 3.6
- Correct documentation for headers and footers
Worksheet methods get_named_range() and get_sqaured_range()
- Add support for builtin styles and include one for Pandas
- Add a keep_links option to load_workbook. External links contain cached copies of the external workbooks. If these are big it can be advantageous to be able to disable them.
- Provide an example for using cell ranges in DataValidation.
- PR 138 - add copy support to comments.
- Add an the alias hide_drop_down to DataValidation for showDropDown because that is how Excel works.
- Add write support for worksheet tables
- Remove deprecated methods from DataValidation
- Remove deprecated methods from PrintPageSetup
- Convert AutoFilter to Serialisable and extend support for filters
- Add support for SortState
- Removed use_iterators keyword when loading workbooks. Use read_only instead.
- Removed optimized_write keyword for new workbooks. Use write_only instead.
- Improve print title support
- Add print area support
- New implementation of defined names
- New implementation of page headers and footers
- Add support for Python’s NaN
- Added iter_cols method for worksheets
- ws.rows and ws.columns now always return generators and start at the top of the worksheet
- Add a values property for worksheets
- Default column width changed to 8 as per the specification
- Cell anchor method
- Worksheet point_pos method
- Worksheet add_print_title method
- Worksheet HeaderFooter attribute, replaced by individual ones
- Flatten function for cells
- Workbook get_named_range, add_named_range, remove_named_range, get_sheet_names, get_sheet_by_name
- Comment text attribute
- Use of range strings deprecated for ws.iter_rows()
- Use of coordinates deprecated for ws.cell()
- Deprecate .copy() method for StyleProxy objects
- #152 Hyperlinks lost when reading files
- #171 Add function for copying worksheets
- #386 Cells with inline strings considered empty
- #397 Add support for ranges of rows and columns
- #446 Workbook with definedNames corrupted by openpyxl
- #481 “safe” reserved ranges are not read from workbooks
- #501 Discarding named ranges can lead to corrupt files
- #574 Exception raised when using the class method to parse Relationships
- #579 Crashes when reading defined names with no content
- #597 Cannot read worksheets without coordinates
- #617 Customised named styles not correctly preserved
- Preserve the order of external references because formualae use numerical indices.
- Typo corrected in cell unit tests (PR 118)
- #534 Exception when using columns property in read-only mode.
- #536 Incorrectly handle comments from Google Docs files.
- #539 Flexible value types for conditional formatting.
- #542 Missing content types for images.
- #543 Make sure images fit containers on all OSes.
- #544 Gracefully handle missing cell styles.
- #546 ExternalLink duplicated when editing a file with macros.
- #548 Exception with non-ASCII worksheet titles
- #551 Combine multiple LineCharts
- Support the creation of chartsheets
- PR 79 Make PlotArea editable in charts
- Use graphicalProperties as the alias for spPr
- #488 Support hashValue attribute for sheetProtection
- #493 Warn that unsupported extensions will be dropped
- #494 Cells with exponentials causes a ValueError
- #497 Scatter charts are broken
- #499 Inconsistent conversion of localised datetimes
- #500 Adding images leads to unreadable files
- #509 Improve handling of sheet names
- #515 Non-ascii titles have bad repr
- #516 Ignore unassigned worksheets
- Worksheets are now iterable by row.
- Assign individual cell styles only if they are explicitly set.
- Shift to using (row, column) indexing for cells. Cells will at some point lose coordinates.
- New implementation of conditional formatting. Databars now partially preserved.
- et_xmlfile is now a standalone library.
- Complete rewrite of chart package
- Include a tokenizer for fomulae to be able to adjust cell references in them. PR 63
- Read-only and write-only worksheets renamed.
- Write-only workbooks support charts and images.
- PR76 Prevent comment images from conflicting with VBA
- #81 Support stacked bar charts
- #88 Charts break hyperlinks
- #97 Pie and combination charts
- #99 Quote worksheet names in chart references
- #150 Support additional chart options
- #172 Support surface charts
- #381 Preserve named styles
- #470 Adding more than 10 worksheets with the same name leads to duplicates sheet names and an invalid file
- #464 Cannot use images when preserving macros
- #465 ws.cell() returns an empty cell on read-only workbooks
- #467 Cannot edit a file with ActiveX components
- #471 Sheet properties elements must be in order
- #475 Do not redefine class __slots__ in subclasses
- #477 Write-only support for SheetProtection
- #478 Write-only support for DataValidation
- Improved regex when checking for datetime formats
- #429 Workbook fails to load because header and footers cannot be parsed.
- #433 File-like object with encoding=None
- #434 SyntaxError when writing page breaks.
- #436 Read-only mode duplicates empty rows.
- #437 Cell.offset raises an exception
- #438 Cells with pivotButton and quotePrefix styles cannot be read
- #440 Error when customised versions of builtin formats
- #442 Exception raised when a fill element contains no children
- #444 Styles cannot be copied
- Cell styles deprecated, use formatting objects (fonts, fills, borders, etc.) directly instead
- Charts will no longer try and calculate axes by default
- Support for template file types - PR21
- Moved ancillary functions and classes into utils package - single place of reference
- PR 34 Fully support page setup
- Removed SAX-based XML Generator. Special thanks to Elias Rabel for implementing xmlfile for xml.etree
- Preserve sheet view definitions in existing files (frozen panes, zoom, etc.)
- #103 Set the zoom of a sheet
- #199 Hide gridlines
- #215 Preserve sheet view setings
- #262 Set the zoom of a sheet
- #392 Worksheet header not read
- #387 Cannot read files without styles.xml
- #410 Exception when preserving whitespace in strings
- #417 Cannot create print titles
- #420 Rename confusing constants
- #422 Preserve color index in a workbook if it differs from the standard
- Allow cells to be appended to standard worksheets for code compatibility with write-only mode.
- Add relation namespace to root element for compatibility with iWork
- Serialize comments relation in LXML-backend
- PR 20 Support different workbook code names
- Allow auto_axis keyword for ScatterCharts
- “read_only” and “write_only” new flags for workbooks
- Support for reading and writing worksheet protection
- Support for reading hidden rows
- Cells now manage their styles directly
- ColumnDimension and RowDimension object manage their styles directly
- Use xmlfile for writing worksheets if available - around 3 times faster
- Datavalidation now part of the worksheet package
- Number formats are now just strings
- Strings can be used for RGB and aRGB colours for Fonts, Fills and Borders
- Create all style tags in a single pass
- Performance improvement when appending rows
- Cleaner conversion of Python to Excel values
- PR6 reserve formatting for empty rows
- standard worksheets can append from ranges and generators
- #153 Cannot read visibility of sheets and rows
- #181 No content type for worksheets
- 241 Cannot read sheets with inline strings
- 322 1-indexing for merged cells
- 339 Correctly handle removal of cell protection
- 341 Cells with formulae do not round-trip
- 347 Read DataValidations
- 353 Support Defined Named Ranges to external workbooks
- Add a sample file illustrating colours
- Updated docs
2.0.1 (2014-05-13) brown bag¶
2.0.0 (2014-05-13) brown bag¶
- This is last release that will support Python 3.2
- Cells are referenced with 1-indexing: A1 == cell(row=1, column=1)
- Use jdcal for more efficient and reliable conversion of datetimes
- Significant speed up when reading files
- Merged immutable styles
- Type inference is disabled by default
- RawCell renamed ReadOnlyCell
- ReadOnlyCell.internal_value and ReadOnlyCell.value now behave the same as Cell
- Provide no size information on unsized worksheets
- Lower memory footprint when reading files
- All tests converted to pytest
- Pyflakes used for static code analysis
- Sample code in the documentation is automatically run
- Support GradientFills
- BaseColWidth set
- #70 Add filterColumn, sortCondition support to AutoFilter
- #80 Reorder worksheets parts
- #82 Update API for conditional formatting
- #87 Add support for writing Protection styles, others
- #89 Better handling of content types when preserving macros
- #46 ColumnDimension style error
- #86 reader.worksheet.fast_parse sets booleans to integers
- #98 Auto sizing column widths does not work
- #137 Workbooks with chartsheets
- #185 Invalid PageMargins
- #230 Using v in cells creates invalid files
- #243 - IndexError when loading workbook
- #263 - Forded conversion of line breaks
- #267 - Raise exceptions when passed invalid types
- #270 - Cannot open files which use non-standard sheet names or reference Ids
- #269 - Handling unsized worksheets in IterableWorksheet
- #270 - Handling Workbooks with non-standard references
- #275 - Handling auto filters where there are only custom filters
- #277 - Harmonise chart and cell coordinates
- #280- Explicit exception raising for invalid characters
- #286 - Optimized writer can not handle a datetime.time value
- #296 - Cell coordinates not consistent with documentation
- #300 - Missing column width causes load_workbook() exception
- #304 - Handling Workbooks with absolute paths for worksheets (from Sharepoint)
Fixed typo for import Elementtree
- The ‘=’ string is no longer interpreted as a formula
- When a client writes empty xml tags for cells (e.g. <c r=’A1’></c>), reader will not crash
Always parse using cElementTree
Support for Python 2.5 dropped.
- Support conditional formatting
- Support lxml as backend
- Support reading and writing comments
- pytest as testrunner now required
- Improvements in charts: new types, more reliable
- load_workbook now accepts data_only to allow extracting values only from formulae. Default is false.
- Images can now be anchored to cells
- Docs updated
- Provisional benchmarking
- Added convenience methods for accessing worksheets and cells by key
Drops support for Python < 2.5 and last version to support Python 2.5
Tests run on Python 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 3.2, 3.3
Merged pull requests¶
- 27 Include more metadata
- 41 Able to read files with chart sheets
- 45 Configurable Worksheet classes
- 3 Correct serialisation of Decimal
- 36 Preserve VBA macros when reading files
- 44 Handle empty oddheader and oddFooter tags
- 43 Fixed issue that the reader never set the active sheet
- 33 Reader set value and type explicitly and TYPE_ERROR checking
- 22 added page breaks, fixed formula serialization
- 39 Fix Python 2.6 compatibility
- 47 Improvements in styling
Performance improvements in optimised writer